Ah, whiskey. There are few things in this world more refined, more sophisticated than a glass of smooth whiskey. But with so many different brands and types out there, it can be hard to know which one to choose. That's why we've put together a list of the world's best whiskeys of 2022, so you can make sure you're sipping on only the finest.
1. Macallan Quest Collection – This Scottish whiskey is aged in a combination of sherry-seasoned and bourbon-seasoned oak casks, giving it a unique flavor that has been described as "fruity" and "malty." It's perfect for those who want to explore different whiskey flavor profiles.
2. Glenmorangie Duthac – Another Scottish whiskey, Glenmorangie Duthac is aged for 10 years in ex-bourbon casks before being transferred to Oloroso sherry casks for an additional finishing period. This give the whiskey a deep amber color and flavors of dried fruits, nutmeg, and vanilla.
3. Jack Daniel's Single Barrel Select – This American classic gets its unique flavor from being aged for at least six years in new charred oak barrels. The longer aging process gives the whiskey a balance of sweetness and spice, with notes of toasted oak and vanilla.
4. Hibiki Harmony – A Japanese blended whiskey, Hibiki Harmony is made with malt and grain whiskies that have been aged for at least 12 years in five different types of cask: Mizunara (Japanese Oak), sherry, bourbon, wine, and plum liqueur. The result is a smooth, well-rounded whiskey with notes of honey, citrus, and almonds.
5. Crown Royal Northern Harvest Rye – Crown Royal's Northern Harvest Rye was named "Whisky of the Year" by Jim Murray's Whiskey Bible in 2015, and it's not hard to see why. It's made with 90% rye grain and 10% malted barley, giving it a spicy flavor with hints of vanilla and oak. The rye is also double distilled for added smoothness.
Whether you're a bourbon aficionado or you're looking to branch out into other styles of whiskey, there's something on this list for everyone. So grab your favorite glass, pour yourself a finger or two (or three), sit back, relax, and enjoy one of these fine whiskeys. Cheers!